We are the Fitness Business Success Specialists!
Whether you are looking to start your own health, leisure or fitness business, want to improve your clubs standards and or performance or simply need some advice with specific club issues, Charlesworth Consultants can help.
We work with
Independent Fitness clubs
Independent and Franchised Hotel Leisure Clubs
Charlesworth Consultancy is a multi-faceted business with a range of solutions for your business. We believe that we have the skills and experience to make a difference to your fitness and wellness business.
Our consultancy services are designed to be able to support your business how you feel most appropriate.
We have a range of pricing structures available and our first meeting is always FREE. We believe we need to establish that we can make a positive impact on your business before we make any agreement on costs.
Full Consultancy Service:
Working with you and your team we will conduct an in depth review, encompassing all aspects of the business to include operations, sales and marketing, staffing, business plans, sales plans and reporting.
From the review a detailed success plan will be drawn up to provide a blue print by which to create positive solutions to your business. We will then work with you and your team to ensure the plan is delivered. train the team where required and be there to support with ongoing challenges
Bespoke Consultancy Service:
We will review and advise on areas of the business that you identify as a challenge. We will work closely with you to ensure that we find solutions to these challenges and set you up for future success
Ongoing Support Services:
We offer a service that allows you to use our team to provide ongoing support as and when you need it. We will be available to provide guidance with issues, find solutions to challenges and ensure the business is always moving forward. We are able to source suppliers, create reports, offer training or simply act as a sounding board to help deliver new ideas.
As part of the service we offer we have a range of consultancy options to include any of the following:
- Club Operations Review
- Membership Sales & Marketing Review
- Secondary spend options including personal training, swimming lessons and retail
- Business Planning, budget and forecasts
- Club Performance Review and Reporting
- Leisure Recruitment, interviewing and employee engagement
- Club management cover to ensure leadership services are maintained during the recruitment process
- Costs Management
- Retention and the Member Journey
- Supplier Reviews and Negotiations
- Refurbishment, New Build and Project Support
- Website, SEO & Social Media
- Award preparation
- Staff Training
Short/Fixed Term Club Management Cover
We are able to provide your club with a short or fixed term management cover whilst you look to recruit your new Manager. We will either cover your club with one of our own team and thus providing an industry expert to manage your club whilst you find a replacement or we will work with our Recruitment partners to find a suitable candidate to suit your needs.
We also work with a wide network of industry experts and suppliers. So if we can't help with your business challenge we will always help find someone that can
Leisure, Fitness and Health Club Mystery Shopping Services
- Recorded enquiry call for potential club membership, scored based against the agreed service delivery levels but to include the ability to create rapport, find the customers needs and to book an appointment for the client to tour.
- Report based on the clubs ability to deliver the membership tour process, this will include the 8 key areas:
- The Meet and Greet (this includes the club reception and the membership staff)
- The Needs analysis
- The Tour, including the use of trial closes
- The Price Presentation
- Asking for the sale
- Dealing with Objections
- Completing the paperwork (only if the sales process was effective)
- Asking for referrals
- The follow-up process if no sale was agreed
- We will also report on the teams ability to sell other club services, facilities and events
- We will also report back on any positive or negative points relating to standards and operations spotted on the tour
Mystery shopping results are a perfect way of identifying the skills or skills gaps your team currently has. It allows you to strengthen processes and training to ensure that everyone within the team is able to offer exceptional service to new potential members.
If you consider the following statistics you will see how important it is to ensure everything is right as you cannot afford for genuinely interested customers to leave your business.
Average Industry Percentages
Calls to Appointment percentage - 70% (only 7 of every 10 calls will book an appointment)
Appointment show % - 50% (increases by 20% if a confirmation call is made) (only 3 or 4 of the 7 will show up)
Appointment to sale % - 65% (only 2 of the 3 will join)
So out of every 10 calls you receive if your sales team are not keen, well trained and willing to succeed you will if lucky sell 2 memberships?) Makes you think! All that hard work and cost for 2 memberships. If you can ensure everything is in place you can drive up these percentages and ensure you double if not triple your end success
Charlesworth Consultants are able to offer a full range of operational, sales and customer service audits
Why audit your business:
Almost all successful business implement some form of internal or external auditing process. There are many reasons why audits play a part in driving success:
- They identify any challenges or drop in standards that may have crept in over the previous period
- They ensure a business runs to the agreed guidelines set out by its management/owners
- They ensure a business is compliant with the range of guidelines and legal expectation required by a leisure business
- They allow the management to manage the club to an agreed criteria which can be monitored and judged
- Comparisons between business units can be made based on a legitimate scoring system
- Identifies need for change
We can provide audits that cover the full scale of your business. We can arrange to carry out these audits in person or provide the resources to complete internally. These audits can be adapted based on your business model and requirements. Our audits cover:
Full operational Audit: this is split into club areas and covers all cleanliness, maintenance, marketing, Standard Operating Procedures & Processes (as defined by your business), Service standards, staff training these area include:
- Reception and arrival area
- Gym including the induction process and follow-up
- Pool and wet facilities
- Sales and membership
- Health & Safety
- Staff interviews
- Sunbed rooms
- Changing rooms
- Plant rooms and storage area's
- Food and beverage facilities
- Outside facilities including tennis courts, running tracks etc
- Parking facilities
- Sales and marketing process
- Operational checks and reporting tools
- Business review documentation
Once completed we will provide a detailed copy of our findings along with a range of recommendations. We can also arrange to work with you to provide detailed solutions to any of your challenges.
If you currently don't have a review process in place, we will work with you to create a bespoke audit based on your club, its facilities and your brand style. We will use our knowledge to ensure all the relevant areas are covered but ensure that we always work with your brand standards.